Search This Blog

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Paradise City Arts Festival, Memorial Day

So it is now a week after the show but Paradise City was a success. Being someone who has just started doing a few large retail handcraft shows, I never really know what to expect and I feel like I'm usually rolling the dice. But I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome, handed out a ton of cards and sold a bunch of pots. Having the first hand contact with people who are interested in taking home your work is great. Good research, good feedback, and some nice momentum to return to the studio to make more. Next on the list is getting a couple of boxes to Red Lodge Clay Center an then get work to the Society Of Arts And Crafts for a featured artist window display at their location on Newberry Road in Boston.

This was one of a number of small, medium and large whiskey flasks made for the show. I'm going to be making a bunch more of these in the next few days.

And the icing on the cake was my 1950 "Zero" brand fan, donated by our good friends to keep me and booth-goers cool. The weekend was super hot, and although the show was indoor, the arena was still open to outside air flow and I didn't come with a fan. This little gem was in our friend's barn, and I don't know how many people commented on how perfectly it fit the booth, and one woman even wanted to buy it. I don't know if I should take that as insult or compliment, although she left the booth without and pots...

No comments:

Post a Comment