Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Back to it?


Well, it's been two months since the last post. Maybe I can say that I have been so busy that I haven't been able to find the time to post which is true. The studio has been rocking and I can't seem to keep up which is awesome. I was asked to do a retail show through The Society of Arts And Crafts called CraftBoston this march in Boston. I thought long and hard about it and finally decided to gove it a go. It is a huge commitment both work wise and financially but I figured it would be a good experience. I always thought that maybe a couple of these a year may be able to get a bit more work out there as well as keep the fire lit under my backside (not to mention a little bit more cash in the bank). I will keep this up to date over the next couple of months to document the process so I can see it in reverse at the end of the whole thing. The link to the show is on the CraftBoston website.

I am also getting ready to head to Cincinnati to give a workshop at the Potters Council Surface and Form conference/workshop. The format is a little different and I will be giving two half day workshops, one Saturday and one Sunday and they are set up a bit like a condensed working period. I am going to attempt to bring a couple of unfired pots in a carry on and hope that they get there safely in order to do some surface demonstration and discussion on Terra Sig and low fire finishes. Its sort of like a Julia Childs episode where she puts the food in the oven and then pulls out the finished casserole with no time wasted. Build, finish, slip. Should be interesting, just hope that i can pack it all into the allotted time. I'll try to post some pictures and things from the workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment