Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The beauty of Machines

Zimoun : Sound Sculptures & Installations | Compilation Video V1.9 from ZIMOUN VIDEO ARCHIVE on Vimeo.

As I was searching through the ever expandind virtual pile of art information today, I came across this which I had seen before and lost track of. I talk to my students about the art of simplicity, and the difficulties in attainment of the simple. This work is quite complex in structure, but it seems as though the structure isn't what the artist is talking about. The sounds that this grouping of work creates is awesome. Such simplicity in individuality can create such a complexity of sound. Awesome.







These others are works by Arthur Ganson. Such playfulness, such delicacy. The mechanization of movement transferred to an object of wonder. Enjoy.








No comments:

Post a Comment